Dr. Lijie Zhou
"Asking questions and communicating frequently with professors are important for finding success in online learning."
- Ph.D. in Mass Communication – The University of Southern Mississippi, 2017
- Top Faculty Paper (second place), AEJMC National Conference, Visual Communication Division (2018)
- Top Scholar, 2016-2017, Awarded from Kappa Tau Alpha Journalism/Mass Communication Academic Honor National Society.
- Early Career Award from SUU College of Humanities & Social Sciences (2019)
Link to share:
In which online degree program do you teach?
Which do you teach online?
COMM 6030: Quantitative Communication Research
What do you want students in your courses to learn? What is the learning outcome or objective?
Student who successfully complete this course will:
- Learn basic descriptive and inferential statistical terms and concepts
- Develop strategies to appropriately analyze data
- Use appropriate statistical methods for categorical and ordinal data
- Learn basic statistical applications for social science research projects
- Learn how to identify types of statistical methods and strategies, select data collection and analysis approaches for different research interests
- Integrate fundamental statistical theories and concepts with functions of SPSS programs in the context of a project's overall design
What advice would you give to those considering this program?
Most classes I am teaching involve the use of software such as SPSS, Adobe Creative Cloud and Qualtrics. SUU students have free access to these professional software programs. Don't be afraid to play with them.
Asking questions and communicating frequently with professors are important for finding success in online learning.
What is the one book you think everyone should read?
Building Strong Brands by Dr. David A. Aaker
Tell us something interesting about yourself that your students might not know.
My wife and I have a three-year-old daughter and a bunny. Since my daughter keeps changing the bunny's name every day, I am not sure what his name will be when you see this post. I also love doing many things, but photography is probably my only hobby that has lasted for years.