About Southern Utah University
Southern Utah University strives to nurture minds within an online environment that values excellence, engagement and exploration. We are dedicated to producing lifelong learners and critical thinkers who will make a difference.
Southern Utah University is a caring community where students explore their interests and prepare for meaningful careers and life experiences. With more than 140 undergraduate programs and 21 graduate and certificate programs with seven academic colleges, SUU proudly offers world-class, project-based learning opportunities where students gain professional experience before entering the job market.
Southern Utah University is a dynamic teaching and learning community that engages students in experiential education leading to personal growth, civic responsibility and professional excellence.
Southern Utah University will receive national recognition for its innovations in learning, student success and providing the best educational experience in the Intermountain West.
Our Core Themes:
In order to fulfill its mission, SUU will:
Increase opportunities for the SUU learning community to explore complex problems and sense of purpose in the region, nation and world.
- Support student learning experiences beyond the traditional classroom setting
- Help students, faculty and staff understand and appreciate varied perspectives and ideas
- Expand and support collaborative partnerships for learning
Engage students, faculty and staff in practices that lead to meaningful learning.
- Provide students with the fundamentals of a modern liberal education
- Provide students with opportunities to design their own learning experiences, connect learning across disciplines and apply learning to new contexts
- Optimize SUU’s educational, physical, technological, informational, financial and human resources to maximize learning
Foster intellectual and creative engagement within the SUU community.
- Enhance student learning environments by integrating teaching, scholarly and creative efforts
Lead students, faculty and staff to successful professional and educational outcomes.
- Increase student retention and graduation rates
- Increase the number of students pursuing post‐graduate opportunities
- Support faculty and staff in achieving their professional and personal goals
Prepare students for responsible citizenship in their communities and countries.
- Involve students in practices that lead to higher participation rates in community service and democratic processes throughout their lives
Help students develop lives of purpose, fulfillment and wellness.
- Develop students into lifelong learners who live fulfilled lives