Dr. Darin 'Dutch' Workman
"I think it is most important to learn how to learn and gain a thirst for knowledge."
- Doctor of Chiropractic – 1989
- BS in Human Biology – 1997
- Authored The Percussionists' Guide to Injury Treatment and Prevention
- Editor for Percussive Notes world publication for 20 years
- Health & Wellness Chairman for Percussive Arts Society for 10 years
- Taught university biology/anatomy/human dissection at SUU
- Given numerous lectures throughout the United States
- 1996 certified chiropractic sports physician
In which online degree program do you teach?
Which do you teach online?
INDS 6510: Leadership Essentials
What do you want students in your courses to learn? What is the learning outcome or objective?
I think it is most important to learn how to learn and gain a thirst for knowledge.
Why did you start teaching?
I like to pass on knowledge to young eager minds.
What advice would you give to those considering this program?
Pick something you are truly passionate about and completely immerse yourself in that program. Keep up to date on all assignments and make sure you understand what is taught each day before you go into the next lesson.
What quality makes someone particularly successful in interdisciplinary studies?
What is the one book you think everyone should read?
First You Have to Row a Little Boat by Richard Bode
Tell us something interesting about yourself that your students might not know.
I have been a professional drummer since I was 13 years old.