Professor, M.M. Music Technology Program Director
"Students in my courses will be able to use their newly acquired technical knowledge to produce recordings and assets or their professional portfolio."
- MFA Filmmaking/Film Music Composition – University of North Carolina School of the Arts, 2012
- B.Mus. Piano Performance – University of Utah, 2009
- The Television Academy (Emmy's) Foundation Intern Program in Music 2012.
- Music has appeared on major network television shows such as Grey's Anatomy and more.
- Score Mix Engineer for ABC's Mistresses.
In which online degree program do you teach?
Which class do you teach online?
MUSC 6100, MUSC 6970, MUSC 6950, MUSC 6570, MUSC 6960
What do you want students in your courses to learn? What is the learning outcome or objective?
Students in my courses will be able to use their newly acquired technical knowledge to produce recordings and assets or their professional portfolio.
Why did you start teaching?
I needed the pay at the time.
What advice would you give to those considering the online Master of Music in Music Technology program?
Just do it.
What qualities make someone particularly successful in the music industry?
Persistence and creativity
What do you think are the biggest challenges that people in the music industry face today?
Work/life balance, discouragement, self-promotion and imposter syndrome
Tell us something interesting about yourself that your students might not know about you.
I love Mike and Ike candy.