Dr. Braden Bagley
"It is easy to do things the way they have always been done, but if you can learn to be creative and think of new ways to approach opportunities, you'll separate yourself from others."
- Ph.D. – The University of Southern Mississippi, 2019
- M.A. – Southern Utah University, 2016
- B.S. – Utah Valley University, 2013
- Worked on a grant funded by the National Institutes of Health doing research on the impact of natural disasters to areas in the Deep South
- Worked as the communications director for the Mississippi Public Health Association
- Gets to be a faculty member AND alumni at the best university in the world
In which online degree program do you teach?
Which classes do you teach online?
COMM 6240: Current Issues in Communication
What do you want students in your courses to learn? What is the learning outcome or objective?
I want my students to understand the impact that message characteristics have on human behavior and how to utilize that information to be expert message designers.
What qualities make someone particularly successful in professional communication?
Creativity, attention to detail, persuasiveness, and the ability to adapt to various circumstances.
What do you think is the biggest challenge that people in this field face today?
It is easy to do things the way they have always been done, but if you can learn to be creative and think of new ways to approach opportunities, you'll separate yourself from others.
Tell us something interesting about yourself that your students might not know.
My world revolves around my beautiful wife and three crazy kids.