Dr. Azmi Ahmad
Associate Professor of Management
"Teaching gives me the opportunity to continuously learn and get paid for it."
- Ph.D. in Business Administration – University of Memphis, 1998
- M.S. in Mathematics – West Virginia University, 1987
- B.S. in Mathematics – State University of New York, 1985
- Co–authored three college textbooks (Malay language) in 1990, 1991, 1992.
- Granted tenure in 2004 at Southern Arkansas University.
- Hired by Southern Utah University August 2007.
- Granted tenure in 2012 at Southern Utah University.
In which MBA programs do you teach?
Which classes do you teach in the online?
MGMT 6140: Operations and Supply Chain Management
What do you want students in your courses to learn? What is the learning outcome or objective?
Students should expect to do weekly readings, engage with lectures, discuss course materials with their classmates, and complete two essay assignments.
Why did you start teaching?
Because I enjoy learning. Teaching gives me the opportunity to continuously learn and get paid for it.
What advice would you give to those considering the online MBA – General Track program?
One needs a willingness to know and learn basic business terminologies, and a willingness to read about current business issues and challenges.
What qualities make someone particularly successful in business?
An open mind and willingness/desire to learn
What do you think is the biggest challenge that people in business face today?
An unwillingness to think outside of the box
What is the one book you think everyone should read?
Total Quality by James Evans