"I fell into teaching without looking and loved it. I was asked to apply for a teaching position and realized that I loved teaching. "
- MSN – Western Governors University, 2018
- BSN –Brigham Young University, 1996
Moving up the nursing education ladder: taught CNA at the high school level for two years, then LPN at the technical college level for a year, now teaching RN at a university.
In which online degree program do you teach?
Which MBA class do you teach online?
What do you want students in your courses to learn? What is the learning outcome or objective?
- Identify the roles of the professional nurse in relation to medication administration monitoring and education
- Explain the correct measures to ensure the prevention of medication errors
- Describe the nurse’s legal and ethical responsibilities with regards to medication administration and management
Why did you start teaching?
I fell into teaching without looking and loved it. I was asked to apply for a teaching position and realized that I loved teaching.
What advice would you give to those considering the online RN to BSN program?
I believe that certain nursing courses are very conducive to an online learning platform, and that Pharmacology is one of those.
What qualities make someone particularly successful in nursing?
Eagerness to see people improve or succeed
What do you think is the biggest challenge that people in nursing face today?
Increasing amounts of information and responsibility can lead to overload.
What is the one book you think everyone should read?
Watership Down by Richard Adams
Tell us something interesting about yourself that your students might not know.
My dad was in the military when I was young and we moved every one to two years. I went to seven different elementary schools.